The home should be a place to relax and enjoy yourself, but sometimes life gets in the way and has other plans. Follow this quick checklist to avoid some of the worst pitfalls in the home.
Whether it is food, clothing, cleaning products, or tools, we all need to store a lot of items in our homes. Take the time to put in adequate shelving and stock the shelves so you can quickly deal with anything life throws at you.
You should check your pipes at least twice a year and make sure to change out any leaking seals. Cleaning them should be done regularly as well. Well maintained pipes rarely burst, meaning you are likely to avoid one of the biggest home owning pitfalls.
Water is one of the biggest damage causers in homes. Whether it is from leaking fixtures, unsealed areas of the home, or damaged siding, water needs to be kept out to keep your home safe and warm.
Have A Plan
Always have a plan for how to get out, where important items are stored, how you are going to use rooms, and who should be called in an emergency. Have a copy of this plan ready on your fridge so anyone taking care of your home and members of your family can refresh themselves in the event of an emergency.
Don’t Leave Electronics On
Another huge cause of trouble for homes is fires and the majority of them start from electronics. It’s tempting to change things overnight, leave items plugged in, and generally make life more convenient for ourselves. However, resisting this temptation will make your home safer. Always use surge protectors, plug everything you can directly into the wall, and leave nothing plugged in or turned on overnight or while you are away.
If you have a grease trap installed in your home, clean it before it gets full. Call a grease trap pumping service to do it.
Lastly, resurface pool if it has cracks. Find a reliable pool resurfacing contractor for this project.
Once you purchase a home, celebrate and decorate it, the real responsibilities will sink in. This is when you need to do your maintenance and at first, it may be a daunting episode until you get the hang of it.
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
It’s all about staying organized and the best way to do that is to write everything down. You can do this simply by making a notebook that you can find readily. While you are checking what you need to do, have the notebook handy so that you can check off the things that you have completed. This way you will be able to get what you need to complete at all times without a lot of confusion. Here is a handy checklist:
Windows And Doors – Make sure that they are all working properly. Have repairs complete right away if they are not.
Smoke Detectors – Having good smoke detectors saves lives. Make sure that the batteries are good and that it works properly.
All Appliances – Appliances should be in working order. The electrical outlets should also be checked. Damage appliances should be also fixed like air conditioning. Find a reliable air conditioner repair service to fix it.
Floors – Flooring should be kept in order. Replace flooring, carpets, rugs when needed.
Furniture – Make sure that the furniture is in good shape for yourself as well as guests. Replace it when necessary.
Outside – The outside needs to be maintained also. The roof, yard, and driveway are all important.
Once you use the checklist, you will be well on your way to keeping a well-maintained home. It will become second nature to use it so that you always know that you are taking good care of it at all times. Your home is your sanctuary so make sure that you take the proper time to maintain it.
Backyards with small patios are also enjoyable. They are perfect for entertaining guests in both spring and summers. And it is much easier to renovate and maintain a backyard with a tiny patio. Therefore, do not leave your backyard empty. Water features, miniature storage, vertical gardens, and much more can transform your backyard.
If you have a backyard with a tiny patio, here is how you can renovate it.
A Water Feature
Install a water feature in your backyard. Installing a water feature brings the focus on the water feature. And it makes your backyard more beautiful. For example, you can install a small pool with a man-made waterfall, a small pond with koi fish, or a water fountain in your backyard.
It is easy to create an outdoor room in a backyard with a small patio. Love dining outside? Create a dining area in your backyard. Additionally, an outdoor room is perfect for reading and working, especially if you work at home. An outdoor room is functional, creative, and straightforward.
Square Pavers and Gravel
The asymmetrical pattern can make your backyard look bigger than it is. Also, introducing different colors and shapes in your backyard can change the look of your backyard. If you hate using grass, use gravel and square pavers. Placing gravel or colorful stones between the even gaps creates a bold look. But, choose a color that complements surrounding furnishing.
A Round Patio
You have a small patio. So, you can create a round-shape patio, which is perfect for outdoor entertainment. You can use your small patio to entertain your guests. For example, your guests can sit on comfortable chairs around a fire pit in the patio. A round patio draws attention from any small backyard.
Trim trees if you have a lot of trees in your backyard. You can call tree services to handle it for you.
These are best the renovation ideas for the backyard with a small patio. Doing small renovations in your backyard can improve its look. And it can add value to your home.
If you are planning on selling your home, you must be hoping for the highest price possible. Well, you need to think about renovating before putting it on the market. That way, you can fetch the highest selling price possible. Here are some of the top renovations to consider if you want to increase the value of your home.
The kitchen is the heart of the home. If you want to increase the selling price of your home, this is the place to start. You can add a kitchen island, repaint the walls or replace the floor to make the place look fresh. You can also install a grease trap in your kitchen and make sure you don’t let it full and get it cleaned from a grease trap cleaning service.
After the kitchen, the bathroom is the next place to consider renovating in your home if you want to increase the selling price. You can add an extra bathroom in your home or add new tiles to make it look brand new. Call a skilled bathroom contractor for your bathroom renovation.
Add Energy Efficient Appliances
With everybody going green, any potential buyers looking to buy your home will be interested in energy-efficient appliances. Everything from the HVAC system, the fireplace or any other appliance needs to be replaced to allow proper energy efficiency in your home.
Replace The Windows
Do you have old windows that are not energy efficient? Well, you need to consider installing double or triple pane windows to encourage energy efficiency. Replace all the windows in your home with energy-efficient options and you can count on the best offers for your home.
Potential homebuyers are always interested in places with a lot of space and storage options. Therefore, you need to open up the living room to bring in the natural light to make space appear more spacious. Even better, you can add extra shelves and storage spaces in the bedrooms for the best look.
A deck can be a great addition to your home. A custom deck is even better. Find a reliable deck contractor to do this job.
Another is to replace your old roof with a new one. Maui roofer is skilled in roofing.
Lastly is pool resurfacing. Call a pro to resurface your pool. Plano pool resurfacing is professional in this field.
With these tips, you can count on the best offers for your home when you finally put it on the market.
The kitchen is the most important part of any home. It is where you prepare food for the whole family and spend some quality time together. Well, here are some of the 10 best tips to keep your kitchen clean.
Clean spills immediately after they happen. It’s the best way to prevent mold, stains and other problems in the kitchen. Leaving spills on the floor is hazardous because it could lead to slips and falls. Call a mold cleaning service if molds in your house get worsts.
Clean up the kitchen after every meal. Clean the dishes to keep the messes from piling up. Clear the table and put the leftovers in the fridge. Clean spills from the stove, countertops, and tables.
Clear off everything from the countertops to keep the kitchen neat and organized. You will also have enough space to prepare food and do any other work. You can store the small appliances in the cupboards for the best results.
Clean the garbage disposal regularly to remove the dangerous bacteria. Use vinegar and baking soda to clean the garbage disposal for the best results.
Clean the fridge and the freezer. Remember, it’s where you keep your food so it needs to be clean. Do this once every month.
Sweep your kitchen floor every day to remove dust, crumbs, food particles and any other food matter. It’s also a great way to reduce allergens in your home.
Mop the floor of your kitchen every week to remove the sticky spots, dirt and other messes.
Take out the garbage when it’s full. You can remove any odors and bugs by doing this. Don’t forget to clean the bins when you take out the garbage. You can call a junk hauling or removal to remove your junks and garbage in your house.
Clean the kitchen towels every day to avoid harboring any dangerous bacteria that might be a health risk.
Empty the dishwasher at the end of the cycle and clean it inside to remove any leftover food particles.
If you have a grease trap in your kitchen, clean it regularly. Best to handle it from a grease trap cleaning service.
Important to exterminate pests in your kitchen for you safety and health. If you saw bed bugs call a pest control service to exterminate them.
With these useful tips, you can always count on a clean kitchen.
Most people love visiting Hawaii because of its beautiful beaches, warm weather, and hikes. Additionally, some people coming back because of the local foods.
Here are 10 foods you absolutely must try in Hawaii.
Love seafood? Poke is perfect for you. Poke is fresh, raw ahi tuna. It is served over brown or white rice. It is a perfect meal for anyone who is heading to the beach.
It is sautéed garlic and butter shrimp. It is usually served with white rice, salad, pineapple or lemon. Sprinkle the lemon over your garlic shrimp.
Hawaiian food is more common. Hawaiian plate comes with a scoop of rice with the kalua pig on top, dried beef, Lomi salmon on the side, pork or chicken laulau and Lomi salmon on the side.
Another traditional local food, which is an iteration of the Chinese egg-noodle soup. The ingredients of Saimin includes Spam, Portuguese sausage, kimchi, kamaboko, and green onions.
It is easy to find this dish, which is mainly spam and white rice wrapped in dried seaweed (nori). It is perfect for breakfast and lunch. Because it is best when made fresh.
6.Taro Ko Farm Chips
It is hard to find these foods in Hawaii. Taro Ko Farm chips are made of dried plum flavored potato chips. And it is also made of four ingredients. The ingredients are garlic salt, li hing mui powder, garlic salt, and potatoes.
Manapua is a staple of local cuisine. There is baked and steamed manapua. You can fill it with beans, chicken, char siu, or anything you like.
It is a bowl of thick acai berry blend, which is topped with awesome goodies such as honey, granola, fruits, etc.
A plate lunch consists of a meat of your choosing, macaroni salad, and white rice.
10.Huli Huli Chicken
You can try this classic dish towards the end of Maui’s Road to Hana. You will enjoy this juicy chicken.
These are 10 foods you absolutely must try in Hawaii.
Fill out information below and be entered for a chance to win on entry to the 2010 Bank of America Chicago Marathon on October 10th, 2010. This marathon is currently SOLD OUT!
Contest runs July 1st through July 31st. One entry per person. Winner will be announced August 3rd.
All fields are Required.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time (EST) on July 1st, 2010 and ends at 11:59 PM (EST) on July 31, 2010.
3. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of, and living in, the United States. PacificHealth Laboratories, Inc. (“PHLI”), and their immediate families, its contractors and advertising promotion agencies, and anyone connected with the production and distribution of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
4. How To Enter: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. (EST) July 1st, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on July 31, 2010. Enter one of two (2) ways. (1) Entry: Consumers will be entered when submitting information on Accelsport.com site. One entry per person. (2) By Mail: To enter via mail: Mail a 3”x5” card hand printed with name, phone and email address to: “Bank of America Marathon Giveaway” c/o PacificHealth Labs, Inc. 100 Matawan Rd., Ste 420, Matawan, NJ 07747. Entries must be postmarked by July 20th, 2010 and received by July 30th. One entry per person. All entries will become the property of PHLI and will not be returned. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. PHLI or “Sponsors” is not responsible for illegible, damaged, lost or late entries. Prize claim is subject to verification and is automatically void and will be rejected if any part(s) is incomplete, forged, altered, defaced, tampered with, mechanically reproduced or modified, irregular in anyway, irregularly obtained or if it contains printing errors or omissions or is the result of error. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
5. Quantities, Prizes and Approximate Retail Value:: (1) Grand prize: One Entry to the Bank of America Marathon on October 10, 2010. Total approximate value ($135 SRP). Grand prize does NOT include travel, lodging, meals, entertainment, or any other incidentals. All prizes will be awarded. Prize may not be substituted, transferred, redeemed for cash or exchanged. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offer by “Sponsor”. PHLI reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to PHLI to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Winner Selection: Grand Prize winner will be selected by random drawing. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Drawings for all prizes will be held on or about August 3, 2010. Winner will be contacted by email and/or phone and must respond by August 15th in order to collect prize. Failure to respond by August 16, 2010 will result in another winner selected.
6. General: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Winner need not be present at the drawing to win. Winner will be required to provide PHLI with correct name and phone number in order to receive prize. No returns or exchanges allowed. By submitting a claim or entry, you accept to be bound by these rules and all decisions. The prize winner will be notified by PHLI. By entering this contest, entrant hereby agrees to allow PHLI to send special Internet offers for PHLI products via email. There will be an option for recipient to opt out of receiving further correspondence.
In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. No returns or exchanges allowed. By submitting a claim or entry, you accept to be bound by these rules and all decisions. The prize winner will be notified by PHLI. By entering this contest, entrant hereby agrees to allow PHLI to send special Internet offers for PHLI products via email. There will be an option for recipient to opt out of receiving further correspondence. In order to be declared a Grand Prize Winner, the selected entrant will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within four days of receipt of notification. If any Affidavit or Release is not returned within the respective stated time, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with Official Rules, then potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Release and Limitation of Liability: Sponsor, Administrator, and any Sweepstakes partners, of each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
8. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the State of New Jersey; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
9. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is PacificHealth Laboratories, Inc. The Administrator is PacificHealth Laboratories, Inc.
11. Winner List: For the winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with a request with the subject “Year Supply Giveaway” c/o PacificHealth Labs, Inc. 100 Matawan Rd. Ste 420, Matawan, NJ 07747. Requests must be received by July 7, 2010.
12. Official Rules: For a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before July 7, 2010 to: Year Supply Giveaway Rules c/o PacificHealth Labs, 100 Matawan Rd. Ste 420, Matawan, NJ 07747.